Flat files can be recovered by following the below mentioned steps.
- Start 6
- HLIST BCDS DSN(‘filename’)
- Wait for the system notification
- Type the command HRECOVER ‘filename’ and wait for system notification
Different variations of HRECOVER are given below.
- HRECOVER ‘filename’ recovers with same name
- HRECOVER ‘old filename’ NEW (‘new filename’) recovers and assigns new name
- HRECOVER ‘file name’ REPLACE recovers replacing a file with same name
The recovery might take some time. You should have HSM volume dump(s) of the volume(s) where the dataset resided for HRECOVER to work successfully. Else you will recive a message “BACKUP/DUMP COPY DOES NOT EXIST”.